Lvl 85 Weapon Improvement Quest

max|pic

Lvl 85 Weapon Improvement Quest

Post by max|pic »

Hello Brad,
The level 85 required weapons are great, and thank you for implementing them. I was hoping you could add something to make them improvable.
They are currently +12 power weapons. A quest to make them glowing, silver, better blocking, and damage improvement for later purposes would be great, but the current damage is fantastic as is.
The glowing and silver would be nice so that someone with one of the 85 weapons could use it in various areas. For instance, without silver, someone with the lvl 85 weapon hunting in sullen 1 area, cannot hit the natives or hunters because of silver requirements. They are forced to use spear if they have one, or to use killer weapons.
An easy fix would be to let the 85 weapons be upgraded the same as killers, and it would get people in mormar again hunting for bloods, diamonds, and have people back track on old items to try and upgrade current weapons.
Also, the 86 axe that drops so frequently is just not a good weapon. I know, it is a common drop compared to the 85 weapons being rare items, but most people would figure an 86 required item would be better than an 85 required item. The damage of the axe (I have not tested myself, but know of those that have) has been given at better than a killer weapon, but worse than a broom. Meaning that except for possible skilling if a t3 axe is put in the game, it will not be used.
While I am talking about weapon upgrades: The new totems for lvl 86 have the same damage bonus as the lvl 82 totems, and I have yet to see what the cave taint discipline on them do, maybe others have, but I have not noticed any difference besides the 300 eps extra and +20 instead of +10, and 80 ep regen instead of 50. So is there a way to get the damage boost given by these totems to be greater than the ones of the lvl 82 totems?
Last edited by max|pic on Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Areyekuwe

Re: Lvl 85 Weapon Improvement Quest

Post by Areyekuwe »

Lev 85 and lev 86 weapons are found in such hard to get to area that they are more hard to get then actual killer weapons it would feel.

To be able to add things to them to improve them, could also upgrade graphic from surface maeling katana to a ninja katana for example...

Also an axe that was so sorely missed in game due to no killer should for sure be something.

Just my 2 cent worth,

Thanks for adding these things, was good level of fun to hunt for them.
Are you a writer on Drakkar issues and also follow news / current events on the IRC?
You are hired: https://areyekuwe.wordpress.com/ -Writers wanted.