Area 1/2 Damage

Drewstr

Area 1/2 Damage

Post by Drewstr »

Brad asked me to put this here so everyone could discuss it:

I feel first area damage should be turned up a bit. After the AC fix this morning, this area is actually pretty easy now, which is a very different contrast from every other expansion to date (remember early NL? GDH/BDC/SDC1/2/3? We all died. A lot. A lot a lot a lot.).

Thoughts?

Second area seems closer to "correct" as far as numbers go, imo. They have been hitting through skill 40 Flame Spear and top gear on my FM without much trouble and for fairly high damage (I have 7k+ hp and was getting hit for 4-5k).
Last edited by Drewstr on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Auramancer
That WOLF is up to something SINister.

luckyman

Re: Area 1/2 Damage

Post by luckyman »

From my experiences coming from last night upon the expansion going live and coming back today i'd have to agree with drew.
The ac lowering has made it killable for barb's/pallies which allows for the party living much easier.

That being said I would not tune it up a whole lot as on a few occasions when i have gotten hit on my ment or healer it was usually a rough hit but I do agree damage should be turned up a little bit.

Lucky_____KAOS

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

I say leave the damage alone, maybe tone down the 2nd areas damage a bit. There are supposed to be "solo" areas in sullen keep. Most of us do not solo, that is fine, but let people that do, have the first two areas where they can solo. I have gotten hit pretty hard in both, the 1st one not as much, but I've still seen chunks of my hp taken.

The difficulty on the first two areas should not be as high as later on. Let sullen3 and sullen4 be the group up or multi box areas. Let people that run 1 or 2 accounts have sullen1 and sullen2 as areas where they can hunt without constant death.

There should be a threat of death, but not consrant death.

Drewstr

Post by Drewstr »

I think he may have turned it up slightly. After reset they seem to be hitting more frequently and for slightly more damage.

Anyone else notice this?

King1

Post by King1 »

Damage is fine where it is at. Running my 2 barbs is hard enough as is when I'm getting hit by a native for ~6k. If anything AC needs to be lowered even further if you want people who aren't completely maxed out on gear to have a chance or allow natives to be hit by non-silver weapons. It currently takes me around 15-20 rounds to kill a single mob in the first area with 2 barbs because I do not have spears and have to use my Killer weapons in order to do any damage.

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

Sullen 1 damage needs to be taken back down. The first area is currently harder than the second area after the tweet to damage.
I went back to the first area to help others find potions and it was much harder in terms of damage. Pallies should not be getting 1shot in solo area. At least from my perspective.