Top 10 Random Loot Drops You'd like to see

Brad
Admin
Admin

Top 10 Random Loot Drops You'd like to see

Post by Brad »

Everyone give your top 10 for "random" loot drops you'd like to see. Power rate them to another item in game if you can.

I'm sure i have holes at this point. I'd like to fill some of these in as rares and super rares instead of making everything a boss drop.

IE:

- "Its been a while since we had a combat amulet.. it needs to be better than XXX (thats the last one we had)"

Areyekuwe

Re: Top 10 Random Loot Drops You'd like to see

Post by Areyekuwe »

As a side item, if there could be several stat potions that are other then agil and go to 40, that would be nice. Say two of any mix.

Other then that, we don not seem to have too many earrings in game. say 100/100 hp/ep and level 20 ABS disc when worn, the level of ABS can be pegged to the level enough to counter caleria poison from a ghoul on a non barb.
Are you a writer on Drakkar issues and also follow news / current events on the IRC?
You are hired: https://areyekuwe.wordpress.com/ -Writers wanted.

Drewstr

Post by Drewstr »

MA Gaunts/Boots are a #1 priority, imho. Every other melee class received a massive damage upgrade with a broom or flame spear in SDC3. Because of this, MA's have largely fallen by the wayside and very few play them.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Drewstr wrote:MA Gaunts/Boots are a #1 priority, imho. Every other melee class received a massive damage upgrade with a broom or flame spear in SDC3. Because of this, MA's have largely fallen by the wayside and very few play them.
I'm not sure thats "random loot", but we can maybe work with something there.

Make sure you do the other part and say "better than XXX " and name the item and where it comes from

Thanks!

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Areyekuwe wrote:As a side item, if there could be several stat potions that are other then agil and go to 40, that would be nice. Say two of any mix.

Other then that, we don not seem to have too many earrings in game. say 100/100 hp/ep and level 20 ABS disc when worn, the level of ABS can be pegged to the level enough to counter caleria poison from a ghoul on a non barb.
Yeah, this is a good idea, i'd like to get back into the "random" amounts that some of the nork items had originally... where items can be slightly better.. and you can keep looking for better versions.

Drewstr

Post by Drewstr »

Brad wrote:
Drewstr wrote:MA Gaunts/Boots are a #1 priority, imho. Every other melee class received a massive damage upgrade with a broom or flame spear in SDC3. Because of this, MA's have largely fallen by the wayside and very few play them.
I'm not sure thats "random loot", but we can maybe work with something there.

Make sure you do the other part and say "better than XXX " and name the item and where it comes from

Thanks!
Currently used gaunts and boots are from Rift Guardian (Mormar 26/lvl 70). I think you can +1 them in UGH, but that's it for improvements.
Auramancer
That WOLF is up to something SINister.

Serefin

Post by Serefin »

Useful weapon upgrades, like totems for melee, possibly a zerk type item rare drop? Like how you can hold a tied item in offhand, that actually does something and doesn't let you hit people, beneficial for 2h users maybe?

New potions.

New random drops... we need new belts/earrings... been using the same bdc ones forever, even worse using lani/gk2 over those.

New accessories period, all around, to give us diversity in using the same ones over and over and over, hardly much point in swapping out of lightning ablation rings unless you are a paladin or burning on a ment.

New necks for sure! but they have to compensate for d3 on aa neck, bdc boss again...

Maybe a non-unending upgrading drop similar to armor and twigs in sdc3... that doesn't go infintely on and on and on and on... and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

Random drops like spears, give more diversity in the drops though, since killers are basically obsolete at high end now if you have one, need to put something in place for each class to compensate. If not then hopefully we can upgrade our killer's to be more powerful than spears, or either get a more diversified choice than just a 2h op spear or a reused modeled broom...

SOMETHING USEFUL FOR BREWING... 3+ chars with sk 15~+ brewing and a quirk, we need something actually useful for it, that's not very much, it's time to add something new for it.

All I can think of off the top of my head... other than items though...

With your quest system, please be more specific with the hints, like how we worked out changing the sdc3 quest description. A quest that noone was able to come remotely close to solving (if they even did 0.o <G>) for over a year or more...

MA's definetely need an upgrade in this area, but you need to balance it, they were kings or NL forever, up until SDC3 really where they fell off due to surviability, more than damage, whether it's armor or gloves, don't make them the best at living and killing again. Limit their output vs surviability. Maybe new gloves with leech? + stats + damage useable by all? They can live now with DS/PF as far as I know.

Try not to focus on upgrading one class with the drops, please spread them out so each player has something to look forward to with their classes.

Basically add things that will phase out COB drops being better than the top tier items in the game...

And stop using recycled graphics for items :P. Level 80 looked like a nork noob. With nork rings and bresh shield lol.

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

Random loot I would like to see:
1) rare random weapons that match broom. Rare mace, longsword, dagger, staff, axe.
2) stat potions that raise rest of stats upto 40
3) more selection of robes. equal or better than spur, but with different looks. Just not my blue reggie!! ITS MINE!!! MY MY MY PRECIOUS!!!
3 or 4 different robes that are just about equal, but flavor of maybe acid protection, fire/ice prot, or damage abs and different skins.
4) earrings that give ep regen
5) boots that are better than rift guardian boots
6) quirk potions. Drink this potion and you get 10 regular quirks and 10 primal quirks (if you are high enough lvl to gain primal quirks)
7) a helm that can stop primal stuns
8) a nice sash that is more powerful than lanapi sash
9) addable gems into armor that give actual benefits. If you encrust this gem into your armor, it gives you +500 hps. This gem gives +100 damage absorption. This gem gives +50 ep regen. if you add this gem, it adds +200 damage per hit. This gem gives deadeye IV. Make them rare and let people have even more customization
10) 10 oz extremely young yp potions.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

The only thing Id like to see is some diversity is weaponry. It kills me my broom is basically useless in this first area "Your attack does no visible damage". Which means its no longer soloible for me. I don't have the time or the multi accounts to spend hours or days hunting lava city risking death or worse hoping and praying for a stupid fire spear to drop. Back when the killer weapons were the pinnacle you had such a diversity. You saw SS, Hallys, Longswords, daggers, Maces what do you see in the game now.... Brooms and fire spears. I love the idea of more weapons including gaunts for MAs and a way to customize and add to them. I was so excited for this expansion as for the first time I could be there day one only to be impudent without weapons or abilities to of use.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Serefin wrote:
And stop using recycled graphics for items :P. Level 80 looked like a nork noob. With nork rings and bresh shield lol.
Unfortunately everything from now on is going to have to be an existing graphic. We are essentially out of 16bit slots :)

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Thanks for the feedback guys.

One note to "reign things in" a bit.

Keep thoughts to specifics.. don't need paragraphs or rational. Using this as a reference guide. Also no new tech please :)

"RING - > last one we had was XXX ", etc. Simple one line list based.

Thanks
Brad

luckyman

Post by luckyman »

Rather than a whole line of stat pots i think it would be cooler to implement an idea like the alerian stat pot.

Can give +1 or -1 to any stat up to a 40 base, give us a gamble in this new area ;).

-Lucky___KAOS

Areyekuwe

Post by Areyekuwe »

Dream Weapons:

Selective, not ultimate list :)

Barbarian class only.
killer-like upgradable to +20 and above,
Weapons that when thrown return. Currently hardest hitting weapon is dagger.
Barbarians are deservant of Hammer and Axe that hits harder on a throw then vani axe, or fully upgraded killer dagger (which everyone is forced to use, late game).

Thief only
As game goes all great thieves of the past had to resort to huge weapons to cause huge damage on a backstab. Great and Long swords come to mind, some even used halberd. Now with broom and spear in game we gained another HUGE weapon that is big.....

There should be an ultimate SS for a thief backstab that should have 20/20-a/d +10/10/10 +agil/str/con it should do damage double of of what current fully upgraded SS can do and have significant defense all the while allowing for small size that would not break hide more then killer dagger would, possibly giving stat adds above current hard stat max.

Class specific weapons are great fun. They insure that not everyone runs a fire spear barb....
Are you a writer on Drakkar issues and also follow news / current events on the IRC?
You are hired: https://areyekuwe.wordpress.com/ -Writers wanted.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

You're not going to create meaningful random loot in many cases without repairing the damage you've done with inflation in other areas. The lack of needing to gear for specific encounters isn't doing you any good in creating meaningful loot table diversity; many items are either worth wearing, or not at all. This isn't going to be in the format you want.

Primary stats are super easy to cap with gear for many classes already because you let 35 base stat, or 40 for agi, happen, increasing the existing non event pot cap by a ludicrous 12(17). You need to go back in, put random drop stat pots of all types in the sdc3 loot tables and make the max on those 30. Keep the rogue trade max at 35, add a willpower option (although that stat might as well not matter anymore). Add back in brewable iterations of the stat pots in Sullen Keep with 40 base maxes based off of random drops.

You've ruined weapon diversity. Either nerf the hell out of the sdc3 staff weapons or bite the bullet and implement iterative killer upgrading again, based off of random, moderately rare drops. You need to do this either way if killers are to be useful, nerfs are not. Also, how many years since NL release and the only axea put in are a trash drop in GDH and the offhand barb axe that doesn't work with charge/arg? The gdh2 bow isn't worthwhile either.

As a tangent, stop treating MA's like the merchant class and let them upgrade their gauntlets as in the above like any other normal killer. I'm talking from mormar to now.

NL sashes are bland. Need more as random drops. Interesting attributes or primal discs.

Earrings are a pretty minor avenue of customization. You can't hurt things too much there.

Helms. Or add rare drops to allow existing helms to be imbued with a selection of primal discs.

Boots. But since RG boots are +10 con, any boot you create either has to compensate for losing that much hp, or be ridiculously good in other areas to compensate. Rare drops to add primal discs.

Other slots have historically been random loot tier, but the degree to which you would need to out compete existing items for them to be useful makes it pointless. Specifically, ammy, rings and robes.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

New weapons have been put in game. By the way, thank yoyou brad. My only complaint is the tier 1 weapons aren't glowing or silver, but they are still fantastic.

Minimus101

Post by Minimus101 »

I would like to see 100oz roots fall at random in some place. Maybe make them able to combine like roots from nork with a npc someplace.
Could always create an MA only katana. We see ninjas carry them in maeling. This could be a way of helping an MA with some problems proposed.

Thanks for everything!

Nevyn

Post by Nevyn »

Brad, one needed drop in the new area is Youth Potions. We are drinking these at a crazy fast rate and unlike the rest of the game GDH+ they are not part of the loot table.

Serefin

Post by Serefin »

Nevyn wrote:Brad, one needed drop in the new area is Youth Potions. We are drinking these at a crazy fast rate and unlike the rest of the game GDH+ they are not part of the loot table.

Buy them from Cob... need something to use gold on. He siad he removed bottle breakers so you could carry a ton of extras around. The game does need a gold sink once you've CH maxed and flowered up, because training is definetely not a smart idea, LOL.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Serefin wrote:.. because training is definetely not a smart idea, LOL.
What do you mean, "definitely not a smart idea?"

Serefin

Post by Serefin »

Brad wrote:
Serefin wrote:.. because training is definetely not a smart idea, LOL.
What do you mean, "definitely not a smart idea?"
The cost vs gain isn't worth picking up the gold, selling items and taking it to the trainer post skill 35. You can waste an hour looting up, to gain what you would've missed out on in that time it took to loot and train. I am not being sarcastic on it, I'm just stating the exponential increase is training costs makes it more of a time consumption for little rewards rather than just flat out hunting for skill. Make a poll to see who actually trains into skills post 35-37, if you want actual feedback on it on training. Another change to the amount of gold available on the floor at one time and the amount you can hold in sack and hands, may change this though.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Yeah okay. That's what I thought, you just expressed it in a way that made me thing it HURT to train.

Haha

Nevyn

Post by Nevyn »

More realistically no one pays for training post 20 or 25

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

3 armor slots that could use an update: helm, sash, and boots.

Most commonly used items in those slots are:

Helm -

Titan Helm - Drop from Mormar-10 Researcher (LVL 60 Requirement)

5/5 combat adds with the clickable advanced discipline, Servant of the Nameless.

Sash -

Tree Sash - Drop from Lanapi (LVL 35 Requirement)

8/8 combat adds

Boots -

Akronium Boots - Drop from RiftGuardian (LVL 70 Requirement)

8/8 combat adds with +10 constitution

It'd be great to see some variation between some of the items and the different classes again. A few ideas:

2 top tier helms for offensive/defensive uses. Example: 10/0 and 0/10.

Any kind of boots upgrade would have to be consistent with the constitution from the akronium boots. If the next set of boots didn't have at least the same +10 stat baseline, it'd be a real chunk of HP to lose. It'd also be nice if the boots were able to push out a bit of damage for MAs and those who have MA skill on other classes. Example: 12/12 combat adds with +15 constitution.
SIN

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

The new weapons are great, and I love the damage that we're seeing from them. However, I'm not a huge fan of the basic weapon graphic nor using an item that the NPCs of the area use as well.

I think it'd be a lot of fun if we had an NPC that offered to upgrade each of the SK weapon drops for a random item that drops in the castle, and a static drop from an encounter like the SK Mine Basilisk. This would be a bit reminiscent of the Cobrahn Forged Weapon quest. The stats on the new weapons could be a minor upgrade from the base weapon. Maybe with an added advanced discipline as well for flavor. (Ex. Deadeye III or IV)

As for the graphic, we could reuse some of the less used weapon graphics from previous scenarios. It would be nice to see something a little more fancy than the basic weapons. Flashy matters! =)
SIN

Ken

Post by Ken »

How about a helm that boosts the damage that Psionic Damage attacks deal?

If I may suggest a graphic to use if you don't have an unused graphic in mind, could it look like either the Power Helm from Nork or the Evil Helm from Aleria?