Basilisk, mini boss? Yep it is the level of coro from the previous segment <g>

Areyekuwe

Basilisk, mini boss? Yep it is the level of coro from the previous segment <g>

Post by Areyekuwe »

1st accessable lair wiping a party of top notch skill/ exp / gear characters mostly thru use of stun that goes thru AS and nin helm. Is obvious overkill in place of what we were told we will get "Mini boss" encounter. Considering roaming NPCes were not indicative of the trouble ahead...

Gear of the heroes that braved it should be replaced and treats should be handed out for the obvious dedication to this "exploration"...
Are you a writer on Drakkar issues and also follow news / current events on the IRC?
You are hired: https://areyekuwe.wordpress.com/ -Writers wanted.

Teh_Cheat

Re: Basilisk, mini boss? Yep it is the level of coro from the previous segment <g>

Post by Teh_Cheat »

The area isn't a finished product, and this is the testing/tuning phase. There's always been a risk when testing new content.

Write down your info/notes, and submit them for Brad to look over. I'm sure he'll adjust accordingly.
SIN

Areyekuwe

Re: Basilisk, mini boss? Yep it is the level of coro from the previous segment <g>

Post by Areyekuwe »

I just did. My notes are in the 1st message above, thank you very much.
Are you a writer on Drakkar issues and also follow news / current events on the IRC?
You are hired: https://areyekuwe.wordpress.com/ -Writers wanted.

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

So, last night I wiped to baskie.... thank you mars for pulling my gear out by the way.
Even with the removal of the 2nd basilisk attack, I would not say that it is a mini boss, more like an actual lair that requires a large party to kill.
My party that killed it was 3 healers, 2 ments, 1 pally. The first night, it was a complete wipe. The second go around this morning was more successful.
The hits are high, I am going to say average of 4k, which is not that bad. But combine with the massive stuns it is very possible for a group to wipe. The wandering miners into lair also have the ability to ruin some groups day.
Last nights attempt. Things went sideways when 2 healers got stunned at once. Baskie was causing way more damage than 1 healer could heal through.
This morning, things started going sideways when healers were stunned. 1 healer was eaten. While other healer was stunned, baskie and a rogueminer made short work of a 2nd healer. Thankfully, 3rd healer soon became unstunned and was able to cc 2nd healer before complete wipe.
Basilisk is now killable without an ozo/coro sized party, but I would still say it is far from being a "mini boss."
Most groups are not going to come in there with 3 healers unless it is a full guild group such as you would hunt ozo and coro with.

The damage is not the big concern, the biggest concern is the level of his stun and inability to stop it. nin helm and antistun combine do not stop lvl 85s from being stunned. If it takes a minimum of 3 healers in the group, it will never be able to be considered a "mini boss." What I picture when I hear mini boss instead of a lair encounter is a party of 3 or 4 of any class able to kill the encounter. If 4 pallies want to go in and kill it, they will have a chance. If 4 barbs try and go and kill, they will have a chance. Just a combination of a few friends that want to test their ability to kill a mini boss instead of the risks of an actual lair.
Making it start out gray is very helpful though. Wandering in the lair without knowing it was there... areye..... can make it hard to get gear back.
My recommendation would be to lower the power of his stuns if u want it to be a group lair.
If you want the lair to be a true "mini boss," I would recommend lowering power of his stuns quite a bit, and possibly removing wanderers into the lair area.

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

Also, it seemed like baskie hit for 3-4.5k per hit. Which is entirely viable to be able to be killed by a damage level.
Brad, is the armor used for anything, or is it just there and a quest added later, or quest currently in it that I haven't found?