in-app subscription

A forum for discussing potential mobile/cross platform ports of the Drakkar Client
kingcolex

in-app subscription

Post by kingcolex »

Well android allows in app payments so if this app is put on the play store and do in app subscription for silver and gold this could make it easier ( and feel safer) for subscribing plus it'll let them pay through their mobile account. Just an idea. :)

Edit: Heres a link from google play for developers on how it works, just one thing if you did do this with subscriptions you would have to do month packs (IE: 1 month, 2 month, 4month 6 month)and when the time runs out a pop up would have to appear that says hey you your out of time subscribe again and let them be able to re buy so many month packages.

http://developer.android.com/guide/goog ... rview.html

Brad
Admin
Admin

Re: in-app subscription

Post by Brad »

Thanks,

Still working on the app, can't even create a character in it yet!

I may put a couple "test purchases" in the mobile version when i start to work on that API. I've considered a more F2P model for the facebook / iphone / android version since they don't like external billing.

I'd have to develop the "Drakkar Credit" model where you buy credits then spend credits in the game.. which i haven't had time to work through yet.

kingcolex

Post by kingcolex »

On the credit system are you talking for things like items or like subscription packages like cob and NL.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

it would be for subscriptions only
game items cannot be sold/bought for real money.

kingcolex

Post by kingcolex »

good thats what i was worried about.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Its subscriptions if the system can handle it.

Things like facebook and other systems may require something like "Spend 100 FB credits for a day of SILVER" or something wierd like that.

Or, it may have to be activations like:

"Spend 100FB credits to activate the COB scenario on your account"

I just dont know yet, they get real touchy when you tell them you ALSO offer billing services outside of their platform.

kingcolex

Post by kingcolex »

I like the activate system. That and like so much for guild hall and the other extras.