Devices Tested

A forum for discussing potential mobile/cross platform ports of the Drakkar Client
kingcolex

Re: Devices Tested

Post by kingcolex »

Im on my tablet transformer prime, not too many bugs. But i did notice in n-1 i started not being able to attack or search for loot

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

What triggered it?

I think there is a "phantom" npc bug that appears sometimes.

kingcolex

Post by kingcolex »

Nothing i could tell of, just random I couldn't hit them . No animations or combat txt either.

Update: just logged on still cant attack anything
Second update: it started to work looks like if it wants you have to hold on your wep and click use not just have it in your hand

Vampster
Title: LuckyReAction

Post by Vampster »

Is it possible to make this work for jail-broken iphones?

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

I don't know much about the process. I can make an iphone build and see if you can do anything with it if you want.

But its going to ask for codes / etc.

skaarsonofhulk

Post by skaarsonofhulk »

Sprint android Galaxy S

runs great on wifi, 4g or 3g, even manages to play with some lag when roaming

have run into a few problems, brad, i sent you an email containing these earlier, but figured id post incase anyone had these same problems or a suggestion to fix it.

1. I can't pm/add friend in lobby, when you highlight a name if you tap, double tab or hold it jut un-highlights

2. I cannot use the trainers, they are grey instead of blue npc's and therefore I can't click on them to get training screen up, I have tried standing on there hex and doing the "name,access skill" but they tell me to train with them directly

3. Same issue as 2 but with bankers, they are green but when you click on them the menu doesn't come up, I tried "name,depost" and that didn't work, putting the money in hand and saying "name,deposit right" wont work either. what i had to do was "*take coin from sack" this withdraws 500k or whatever you got up to it and puts it in open hand, then you say "*put right on counter" this puts 100k at a time on counter, so you will still have 400k in hand(meaning you will have to do this 5 times) then you say "name,deposit counter" and that works, a little bit of a pain but atleast im not weighed down anymore, it would be nice to see how much i have in bank though

4. 90% of the time gameplay works fine, but I have noticed, if I kill something exactly at the same time a new npc comes into screen(like it should take the place on crit bar as the one I just killed) the game freezes with the basilisk sheild/coin circling my face, talking and actions don't work and neither does exiting to lobby, only way to get rid of it is to hit the "home" button on phone ad completely exit the KoD app

5. The macros only allow you to see 9 of your abilities when you click "form from discipline" which is fine with my ma and barb when all they need is succor but with the ment I need a lot more than 9 macros to choose from, on that same note it would appear you can only have 1 page or group of macros at a time on it, which makes it hard when you need most of the default ones AND the abilities you learn. it resets the macros every time you exit the crit, which with the above mentioned bug can be a pain getting kicked in a zoo and logging back on to see that your "zerk" button is once again look

No more bugs or problems, but 1 suggestion, find a way to allow multi-sell/buy, it sucks having to drag each gem out and sell it individually

If you could check these issues out and get back to me that would be awesome, keep up the good work, this game on phone is gunna be a huge hit once its ready

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Yes thanks for the feedback.

Most of what you mentioned just hasnt been implemented yet, SD3 has priority at the moment!

Thanks
Brad

skaarsonofhulk

Post by skaarsonofhulk »

dont mean to rush you brad, but do you have any idea of when the trainers will be implemented? i am getting very anxious to see my skill percents heh

baltor

Post by baltor »

I'm not sure if I'm overlooking something obvious...

but tested on google galaxy nexus, galaxy tab 7.0+, and galaxy s2 - on all platforms I can log into and see the lobby, resize and move it around, see people chatting etc, but am unable to see any other pages (character creation etc).

Also, neither the galaxy nexus nor the tab have "hard" menu buttons - so the menu options can't be accessed. Again, sorry if I've overlooked something obvious.

thanks,
Jon

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

baltor wrote:I'm not sure if I'm overlooking something obvious...

but tested on google galaxy nexus, galaxy tab 7.0+, and galaxy s2 - on all platforms I can log into and see the lobby, resize and move it around, see people chatting etc, but am unable to see any other pages (character creation etc).

Also, neither the galaxy nexus nor the tab have "hard" menu buttons - so the menu options can't be accessed. Again, sorry if I've overlooked something obvious.

thanks,
Jon
Sorry two things

1) I haven't written a character creator yet.. SORRY *HUGE* oversight
2) YES!!! Menu button!!! I noticed that also when i switched to my tablet.. haha they DONT HAVE menu buttons!

Chimera
Title: MoY Leader

Post by Chimera »

Would like to try it out on my stratosphere..do I just use the original dl link or is it located in the android market? Really interested lol

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Use download link. New update also coming very soon.

skaarsonofhulk

Post by skaarsonofhulk »

So what can we expect with the new update?

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Well, its just basically an ongoing process with the product. Hopefully more and more features with each incarnation.

skaarsonofhulk

Post by skaarsonofhulk »

Sounds good, keep us posted on when to update plz

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

The "bleeding edge" build is always at:

http://www.drakkarzone.com/downloads/d1.apk ( non captive runtime )

I would advise AGAINST running that for any reason other than seeing whats going on. Its basically just a daily dump

tekcap

Post by tekcap »

Haven't posted or played in a while, but I would just like to say : Keep up the good work! This looks very promising!

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Character creator works fine on kindle
having issue with first slot though, map will not display and eventually ejects from game but screen does not go back to lobby, there is just a rotating shield on player's face. other 3 slots work fine

skaarsonofhulk

Post by skaarsonofhulk »

The character creator works fine. The mobile version is starting to look really good brad, any progress getting either the trainer or macro issues working yet?

SharedFolder
Title: Supreme Folder

Post by SharedFolder »

First time fiddling around with it on the Kindle Fire.. Character creation was smooth and easy! Is there any possibility in the future for adding an option to use legacy graphics or a legacy version? I'm one of those old-schoolers who never got completely used to the 24-bit version graphcs.

Anyway, it's looking great Brad! Keep it up!

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok »

Phone version: Droid RAZR Maxx. Android version: 4.0.4.

Character creator works very well. The new, larger PLAY button with the pop-up list of character slots is great. All characters roll well, but it seems the Underground Dweller rolls are a copy of the Outcast rolls. What I mean is, when rolling an Underground Dweller on mobile you get the same exact stats as an Outcast does (up to 19 STR, 1-5 LUCK). Also, having some description of what racial strengths and weaknesses are would be handy for new players, as not everyone knows that Forest Dwellers are agile and extremely charismatic.

Overall, I think the mobile character creator is great work, as well as the new character selection window.

SIDE NOTE:
I also played as a new character would for a while, testing out features and whatnot. Trainers are not included in the mobile app yet, but I was able to dedicate through text commands (Martial, dedicate). Picking gems up, as well a selling gems should be streamlined. Perhaps some way to pick up all gems, as if I were shift+dragging on PC. Some way to "#sell all gems from sack" would be great, as I couldn't figure out a way to reliably sell gems, even one at a time. Buying potions is a similar ordeal (Buy potion -> Right to sack).

Cirunfinwe

Post by Cirunfinwe »

Lg esteem 4 g/3g
Here's a few things I've noted, not sure how many are known so far, so pardon any repeats...

Command bar: too small, very hard to access without walking around accidentally. Might be better if command bar button takes u into command bar instead of just bringing it into view.

Seems to duplicate any text input if u try to delete/add spacing, duplicates to the end of text string making command/messages look like pig Latin.

the scale button is unnecessary, the back button works just fine, and is located right next to the scales anyways.

If something is on locker hex and ur standing there, using locker/login or out, whatever is on ground will follow character around (just graphic, not actual item

Cirunfinwe

Post by Cirunfinwe »

When character is visible, enemies constantly become invalid targets, walking off screen fixes this, as does paint command. Would be very very nice to have a paint macro in that last slot, at least for a little while till fixed or we get the ability to make macros...seems to happen a lot in n1

Water is a huge pain now. Not so much the water itself (tho loading it lags the game) but the popup messages that we can't click out of yet keep u standing the till u die.

Sometimes weapons in left hand disappear when dropped upon death. My +4 crossbow poofed when i died.

I have a hard time getting the wheel menu to display which command i need to use at the time, couldn't drink a con pot, maybe don't need left/right specific command when we already have swap. Or add another spot on the wheel.

When switching between characters, armor slots display last characters armor.

Cirunfinwe

Post by Cirunfinwe »

There's no way to display the counter.

Locker graphics have a hard time loading/won't load at all sometimes.

I don't know how far we are away from being able to customize macros, but id love to be able to throw things again, its my main weapon skill.

Would be very nice to have a way to switch between the lobby without having to close game out. I understand not having pm's yet, but the community is what makes this game, not having access to that during play is missing a lot.

Note for mantorok, until buying/selling is streamlined, try this:

Dump all gems on counter
(name) buy all gems
Take coins from counter

Cirunfinwe

Post by Cirunfinwe »

Thanks for all your hard work brad. I Hope some of these help u. i can't express enough how excited i am to be able to play anywhere/anytime. Been waiting for this. Keep it up, the new version is as much a work of art as the PC version. Sorry for the multiple posts, can't scroll in post :-P

-Cirunfinwe-
Creator of the Silmarils