Devices Tested

A forum for discussing potential mobile/cross platform ports of the Drakkar Client
Brad
Admin
Admin

Re: Devices Tested

Post by Brad »

Thanks! Great feedback.

Hoping to get our first pass at training up tomorrow sometime.

skaarsonofhulk

Post by skaarsonofhulk »

hey brad, its been a fews days was just checkin in on how that training pass went? any word on when it will be ready?

Fenris

Post by Fenris »

Playing on my Nexus 10 a bit. Works fairly well. The trainer screen is all jumbled though with many of the skills not showing up.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Fenris wrote:Playing on my Nexus 10 a bit. Works fairly well. The trainer screen is all jumbled though with many of the skills not showing up.
Really? can you post a screen shot please?

Thanks

Fenris

Post by Fenris »

How's this for a delayed response. For some reason I thought I had uploaded this a while ago!

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Believe it or not, thats not jumbled, thats how far ive gotten on it. The bars are the amount of training/skill towards that level you have.

Haha.. its called "programmer art"

FreedomsPhoenix

Post by FreedomsPhoenix »

Hats off to you Brad! It is really really coming a long! I'm played the lasted build on the Kendal Fire 1st gen and an HTC 1X.

The Kendal Fire was on my home wifi. Initial instalation and load took a little bit but nothing unreasonable. Once in game graffics took a bit to all populate once it did it looked great.

The HTC 1X was on my iPhones as a hot spite with LTE service. It felt everything loaded just as fast as the Kendal on wifi as connected through LTE hotspot. Played very smooth lagged twice but nothing crazy and game caught up fast.

Overall I would say it is already playable on the mobile FE. A few things I notice:

1) I really like the circle menu. One thing I noticed some of the options don't work intuitively. An example of this. Clicking on a twig and selecting the option "use" would lead me to think it would activate the twig but has no effect. The same if you choose drop right from your sack. To use you have to place in hand and then drop.

2)macros. I figured out how to change the default macro into some different ones like multistrike or armor strike. Will there be the ability to add additional macros other then default set? If there is I might be missing it.

3) an idea for items like spell twigs/ succor on thief hag (just two examples) oN the circle menu have and option be to activate the spell. To use succor I had to type form succor in command mode as opposed to maybe selecting item and hitting cast from circle menu.

I feel like I'm forgetting something if I remember it ill follow up with additional posts. Look forward to seeing how it continues to be polished.

Posted from my iPhone.

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

FreedomsPhoenix wrote: 3) an idea for items like spell twigs/ succor on thief hag (just two examples) oN the circle menu have and option be to activate the spell. To use succor I had to type form succor in command mode as opposed to maybe selecting item and hitting cast from circle menu.

Posted from my iPhone.
A way to implement this is just have a 'Use' button for items which will check for a castable spell and casting it just like when you right click the Researcher/NL helmet

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

1) I really like the circle menu. One thing I noticed some of the options don't work intuitively. An example of this. Clicking on a twig and selecting the option "use" would lead me to think it would activate the twig but has no effect. The same if you choose drop right from your sack. To use you have to place in hand and then drop.
If you have it in your hand and click USE it doesn't work? were your hands full?
2)macros. I figured out how to change the default macro into some different ones like multistrike or armor strike. Will there be the ability to add additional macros other then default set? If there is I might be missing it.
Hopefully, ive gone some work to do in the macros area
3) an idea for items like spell twigs/ succor on thief hag (just two examples) oN the circle menu have and option be to activate the spell. To use succor I had to type form succor in command mode as opposed to maybe selecting item and hitting cast from circle menu.
Unfortunately, in drakkar, you don't "choose" where the discipline is "formed" from. Sometimes what you are describing is possible, sometimes its not. Its part of a thought-effort i'm contenting with.
In the case of the succor twig, the way to activate is to drop it on the ground.. but this (still) requires a free hand.. more stuff I have to think out.

Thanks for the feedback!! Appreciate it!

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Post by flisk »

Works REALLY good on the Ouya.

See my post here for in depth details:

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=8150

Odin89

Post by Odin89 »

Lg Optimus F7 4g lte , rooted oc 1.8 ghz dual core. Using the Quallcom Snapdragon chip set.
Samsung galaxy S2 epic 4g touch, rooted oc 1.6 ghz dual core. Using exynos chip se

Great game, good app. Tested on 3G/4g/4g lte. All smooth until somewhat of a jam?. Noticeable difference coming from galaxy s2 is there are 2 white lines crosseing the screen that are definitely hardware related. Sgs2 ran an exynos chip set, anywho figured I'd bring the new f7 to the table.

On the s2 certain lags would freeze phone entirely, hardware related. F7 this has never occurred
Last edited by Odin89 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Post by flisk »

works perfect on Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4" via wifi.

Brenem

Post by Brenem »

I just downloaded the app on my Galaxy tab with 4.4.2

Loads fine
Basic operation ok
Some icons not showing. - ozo plate and totems

I like the Inventory screens. Works for me.
Found the command line. Maybe trigger keyboard when open instead of clicking command bar.
I like the wheel options.
Maybe use space on end of the icon bar to switch to another bar.
I will do more testing and looking around the app.

Brenem

Post by Brenem »

Update

Can't see ozo bracers or LC spear either.

MisterZ

Post by MisterZ »

Device: Chromebook - Acer Chromebook 14 (CB3-431)

I've never played this game before so I'm both learning how to play it and trying to understand the differences between the mobile app and the PC version. So please bare with me as I might misunderstand some of the things that are going on.

Issues:
  • Text is misaligned for some of the buttons. Image
  • There was no text, labels, or information on each of the races, just pictures of each race. I couldn't differentiate them and follow the tutorial on the forums.
  • The tutorial didn't seem to help for the mobile app version as some of the gold plaques didn't seem accurate. Messaging wasn't intuitive, I had to find one of the buttons to open a chat box. Using some of the chat commands seemed to do nothing - I didn't see any display for the text I typed. After using a chat command in one instance, parts of the map became black. Image
  • I don't know what most of the buttons do and the suggestion for exiting the game and visiting the pub didn't seem to work. I found no tables, but I was able to communicate with some of the players in a lobby.
  • There didn't seem to be a pull-down menu in the top left corner.
I hope some of this helps, I'll provide more information as I play.