The Kingdom of Drakkar

The Kingdom of Drakkar
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Challenge Cob, Yay!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:37 am 

First off, thank you brad for giving us Challenge Cob - i have been having a blast all weekend. Wanted to give some feedback before i head out for 2 weeks on vacation :)

the area as it is (double rounds, increased sight for mobs, harder hits) is tuned for characters 35+, maybe even 40+ - and thats for the beginning areas. Im not saying this as a bad thing, just is what it is :)

I was personally pleased to see that eating pirannah were put back in, although they did eat my 50/30 healer twice, oneshotted, hehe - in crap gear tho, and my own fault probably for sitting on the water too long :lol:
With that said though, i do think that in order for us to end up accomplishing the higher end lairs, and also to have characters besides just barbs be more able to play in the end segment areas, i think the level cap ought to be raised slightly. 55/32 or so maybe? Will know more for sure as the segment progresses, but i think at that size, all the top end lairs would at least be a theoretical possibility, with enough man power and luck.

the thiefs in our group all think they are being unfairly punished, hehe - even at skill 29 they are struggling to hide in ud3, and basically completely unable in ud4.

Also, although we are nowhere close yet - eventually we are going to need some way to get the alerian items for access to the club, either a trader or an aleria segment, heh.

Just my .02 - im sure others will add theirs. Overall im very pleased with challenge cob. Its challenging, even at capped level, hehe.

Post subject: Re: Challenge Cob, Yay!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:43 am 

I am also very happy with ch-cob even though some areas are basicly unhuntable as of yet.
Thank you for putting it in brad, even though im not a fan of nin or fish eating.
As yeti previously said i think it will take higher lvl at the very least for us to attempt to kill lairs like vani, laz, lanapi, or giantking. With how hard all the lairs hit it is impossible to take any other characters but thieves or barbs to a hunt. I personally was hit for 1400 by nin before one of my eats, but another barb said he was hit for 1700. Nin is not the hardest lair in cob either, so without something being done anything below 1800 hps wont be allowed on virtually any lair. Even Boris can hit for upper 500s.
This makes it even hard to want to bring my pally that i am raising into lairs after i get his skill up. Because of autohit and being a 1shot it makes it hard to think of being useful on anything but a barbarian.
This is not me griping about ch-cob though, i am very happy with it, and we will find ways around it until lvl cap is raised or something else happens.
Thank you again for giving us a ch-cob brad, PS, we will need CC in afew weeks = :roll:

Post subject: Re: Challenge Cob, Yay!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:44 pm 

I was Just about to pay for Gold and UGH until I found out that you don't get quirks in Challange Nork. May as well just sit on silver until this is hopefully changed. So whats the reason why we are not able to gain them at the moment?