Weapon Damage issues (NL->SK->IR) (And Santa)

Updates / Fixes / Current Issues
Brad
Admin
Admin

Weapon Damage issues (NL->SK->IR) (And Santa)

Post by Brad »

Recently when trying to scale new weapons for IR, I discovered and issue with how damage scaling was working.

Originally, the design of the higher end weapons was so that a weapon had a base damage and a max potential damage. The base damage occurred when you were at the minimum useable level for a weapon, and scaled up to the potential maximum of the weapon.

Unfortunately I failed to 'clip' the scaling, meaning that the higher above the base weapon level, the more disproportionally powerful the weapon became. (To the point that you could have a minlevel 70 weapon that due to scaling issues outperformed a minlevel 85 weapon, etc).

I'm going to be adding in the "clip", but this only solves half the issue. The other issue is that you want a higher level weapon in the same class to START OUT outperforming its predecessor (well, i do anyway, so i would assume players would), and so I will need to do some thinking on the formula, how/where the scaling starts.

(This is one of the santa issues, as well as the fact a typo had him at less health than an orc)