Admin
Admin

Drakkar Version Notes

Post by Brad »

2010-10-06
-----------

New DrakkarLobbyInstaller.exe available for download from primary link:
Fixes:
- Both game and roller now support non standard resolutions ( such as 1366 wide )

In Progress ( up on a few scenarios, will be put up on all soon )
- Encrusted no longer takes whats in your left hand until validating the "encrustation"

Brad
Admin
Admin

10/17 Update

Post by Brad »

- Lobby Changes:
- The lobby now sends smaller packets. This should help with people on wireless internet connections, as well as those on networks who "sandvine" their internet connections. Linksys wireless router customers ( who I am one ) will notice smoother, less laggy connections.

- The encruster fix ( where he would grab stuff before the determining the encrust was valid ), is now live on all scenarios

- Guild Hall Experience Bonus will now apply to ALL characters on the account. If you have an upper guild hall subscription on ANY character on your account, the normal guild hall bonus will now apply to ALL characters on the account. While we realize this will probably result in a loss of revenue for us, we wan't to reward people for even one more support level they give the game. Additionally, those who are already ( or in the future ), choose to subscribe more than one character to upper guild hall, will receive an ADDITIONAL skill bonus PER subscribed character, on ALL their characters.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Re: Drakkar Version Notes

Post by Brad »

- Quick update :
- doubled the upper guild hall membership bonus.
- Upped the per-additional-ugh-slot bonus

Brad
Admin
Admin

10/21/2010 - Lobby Update ( PC Side )

Post by Brad »

There is a new lobby client available for Download:

http://www.kingdomofdrakkar.com/downloa ... taller.exe

(1.35rc4)

- This client has a new feature which identifies who you are logged in as when you PM someone. This is something for all you
multi-boxers who respond to IMs in the wrong window. You will see "PM: Omni ( as Brad )" , where the "as Brad" is who this window
is logged in as.

Brad
Admin
Admin

10/25/2010 - Character Rename Functionality

Post by Brad »

We now have the ability to have users submit character rename requests.

For now, we are testing this on the CNork environment ( Challenge Nork ). Once tested, we will reprice and move to the live server.

To test, click the ACCOUNT button and select the entry for renaming a challenge nork character. The cost for challenge nork is $10.00 per character rename ( with a limit of one per month ).

A sysop will have to validate the request, but this should be done in less than 24 hours. Once the rename request is done, you will need to log off for the rename to complete ( it is an automated process at this point ).

Brad

Brad
Admin
Admin

10/27/2010 - LIVE Characters can now be renamed!

Post by Brad »

Thanks to the great testing we had on the CNork character rename process, Primary Game Characters can now also be renamed!

Check out the ACCOUNT page.

( Note: All rename rules still apply ).

Sorry it took us so long to get this feature up, its always been a challenge between the player's desire to rename and our ability to get it on the schedule.

Brad

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

12/01/2010
-----------

( CNork only right now )

- High speed scenarios should now send round updates 1 - 2 second faster when no commands are present. This should help an
issue where people will appear to miss rounds when not entering commands.
- There is an experimental "old style" buff duration increase on CNork. This should cause the duration of most beneficial buffs to
only decrement every 3 rounds. Please give feedback ( and report any issues ).
- New code for SDC expansion also in this version, allowing me to test some new things in a live environment ( wont affect cnork players but allows me to have some players test some new engine capabilities )

Brad
Admin
Admin

New SDC Expansion

Post by Brad »

I'm ready to get some additional testing in on this, so please email at help@drakkarzone.com if you have the following:

- 78th level character with at least 38th skill in your primary weapon/ability
- A careful, meticulous nature. In order to test this, you will need to be able to STOP quests right before completion, so your character doesnt get messed up on the live game.
- A great sense of humor for NPC scaling mistakes.
- Some night time-EST play time.

There is a new (temporary) drakkar.exe you will need to download which correctly displays the new effects.

I'd like to get this up to the players later this week, so please help!

Please email us at help@drakkarzone.com. Please include your character name, username, and class.

Thanks!
Brad

Brad
Admin
Admin

SDC2 Testing

Post by Brad »

Update:

- Eastern caves can now be "quit" from
- Gnome/Gnome area agiliy has been increased
- 80/40 quest has been changed to a large gold nuggest instead of a medium one
- The bridges should be more reliable
- Alex will now talk to you if you are holding a mormar based weapon
- Small fix on a spelling typo

Thanks for the GREAT feedback guys, please keep it up

Brad
Admin
Admin

New SDC Up Tomorrow at 10am

Post by Brad »

Thanks for the great testing, lets open it to the customers!

All gameserver will be reset at 10am tomorrow morning so we can install the new SDC expansion.

Version notes will be posted then!

Merry Christmas!

Brad
Admin
Admin

SDC Area 2 Up!

Post by Brad »

The second group of areas of the Silver Dragon Consort area are now up!

How do you get there? Explore the NorthEast section of the previously "last" reachable area. Don't go out on the air hex! Read the ground tiles for clues.

Features include:
- 2 new psionic disciplines per class
- Upgraded fighting location based quirks
- New armor and weapons
- New equipment with advanced protections
- Advancement potential to 80th exp level and 40th skill level
- Upgrade of existing mormar-forged weapons
- Other Specialized Equipment

- Please re-download the frontend for new effects to show correctly in your buff box ( Can use the main link )

Other changes:
- Potions containing Crystal Armor / Crystal Ablation now work correctly on your character
- DEPLETE has been changed to scale EP recovered based on skill level, and also not to reset primal EP levels

Known issues:
- Still have some issues with drinking new-style potions. You may get a "double" drink message depending on whether you drag it to your face, or do a drink macro. Looking for feedback here.

Brad
Admin
Admin

SDC Update

Post by Brad »

Thanks for the great player feedback: (Nameless Land Only(

- We have reduced the # of attacks on the early cave crits. This will decrease the max damage when only a single target is present.
- We have added a random chance of charge to one class of gnome
- We have made an experimental change to creature corpse decay time. This was affecting the ability of areas to regen creatures quickly. This may have the effect of making creature spawn more rapid all across the scenario.

- We are looking into ways to make the bridge carry multiple passengers.

We look forward to feedback!

Brad

Brad
Admin
Admin

SDC Update

Post by Brad »

- The bridge tech should now correctly carry multiple people correctly
- Elder Gnome heads should drop correctly
- Creature corpse decay is no decoupled from Player corpse decay , meaning I an have creature corpses decay quickly without messing up player decay.

( Party of this went up with reset )

Brad
Admin
Admin

SDC 2 Climbs

Post by Brad »

- You can now climb down from the upper ice area
- At the spot you ARRIVE after leaving the gnome area into the miner49er area, there is a climb up to get you back to the gnome area.

Enjoy

Brad
Admin
Admin

SDC2 / NL Improvements

Post by Brad »

- Correct a few more places that coupled NPC corpse rot to PC corpse rot.
- Grave robbers have discovered an additional mine shaft in SDC.
- Fixed a skill issue with the betrayer ( he was set to skill level 30 )
- Betrayer mace should now tie on pickup
- Fixed another bridge issue. ( Note darkness will still mess up the bridge for the duration of the darkness )

Enjoy!

Brad
Admin
Admin

NL Updates and SDC2 Fixes

Post by Brad »

- SDC2 lower cave creatures should not flee at the first sign of trouble
- SDC2 thief tiers now drop properly
- Target selection for multiple attack creatures is now more distributed, weighted by range to creature ( for all attacks other than the primary )
- Reduced the calming effect that some creatures have on barbarians during combat.

Brad
Admin
Admin

SDC2 Updates / NL Testing of new features

Post by Brad »

SDC2 Updates:
- Tweaked the betrayer a bit ( Increase armor penetration a smidge, raised skill by 2 levels )
- Tweaked the ice titan a bit ( Dropped an attack per round, reduced skill by two levels )

General Updates ( NL only for testing )

- Fixed the reporting of gold hp bonus "countdown" to account for 24 months of gold instead of 12 ( in the display as you enter )
- Created a way to adjust skill gain and exp gain on the fly. Will be using this to make some neat player based discs to bonus/penalize skill/exp gain.
- From the above code, added an EXPERIENCE gain bonus for both guild hall and gold membership ( in addition to the previous skill bonus )
- Same as skill, one UGH subscription enables gain across all characters, multiple subs increase the bonus

- Doubled the effectiveness of the barbarian anti-calm quirk ( Twice the percent chance of it going off per point of the quirk )

Brad
Admin
Admin

New Version

Post by Brad »

Fixes:

- A bug was fixed dealing with the maximum number of "zerk" rounds a high level barbarian could have. This caused them to get reset to one when attacked by high level creatures ( or those with "calm" abilities )
- A small bug was fixed with FATE, it will now tell seperately report "level too low" or "max health too low" to avoid confusion
- The flow titan now drops two additional "damage buffer" items, in addition to the "damage reducer" rings being dropped. These are step ups from the betrayer level items
- ( NL only currently ); The healer ability "Crystalline Regeneration" is now treated as one "value" level higher, which should assist with some stacking issues. Please report feedback

Brad
Admin
Admin

Recent Outages

Post by Brad »

Wanted to give you guys a heads up on whats going on with the recent outages.

We have two pieces of hardware that are failing and need to be replaced. We are looking to add a new "low-maintenace, high availability" vm server to replace this functionality. The cost is a bit prohibitive, so we are trying to build a small fund to pay for it over a few months.

Though we appreciate the offer of hardware from people, we are truely looking for high availability/low maintenence warranty backed equipment so we don't wind up back in the same boat.

Thanks for your patience,
Brad

Brad
Admin
Admin

8 hours later

Post by Brad »

The "challenge" vms are back operational.

Whats not working: User account pages, billing pages, etc.

I'll hammer those out tomorrow, i apologize for the inconvenience

Brad
Admin
Admin

Forums / Account page Back Up!

Post by Brad »

Forums and account page / web pages are back up!

If you are having difficulties reaching the account page, please allow a day or two for the domain name to reach your service provider.

Thank you for your patience!

Brad

Brad
Admin
Admin

SDC2 Patch / Skill 40 Update

Post by Brad »

SDC2 patch:

- Crits in the eastern forest, and ice flows have had their experience value greatly increased.
- Skill level 40 players have a neat little feature when examining other players.. ( shhhhh its top secret ) (NL only until version makes it everywhere)

Brad

Brad
Admin
Admin

Survival Trainer Upgrade

Post by Brad »

The survival trainer in nork 2 will now tell you your current BASE health, and also the max base health he will train you to.

This should help clear up issues with perceived loss of health.

Enjoy!

Brad
Admin
Admin

Forgotten SDC2 Update

Post by Brad »

Forgot to announce!

- Reduced shred damage in the omnilla area to 40%
- Retuned other omnilla area crits to make the area more adventuring friendly

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

What am I up to? ( Other than hoping a certain somone keeps going on javadrak! )

- I'm taking just a bit before i finish the final SDC encounter, to investigate whether i can turn some of the old guild hall tech and large map tech into a "player housing" piece, where players could be given a huge swath of land and then modify it according the things they find and buy. Im just gonna spend a week or so on it, to see if its doable. THe neat thing about it is that I could write a pretty easy web interface to "show it off" and "let others in", etc.

- I'm looking into to why some DNS servers are still serving the wrong address for www.drakkarzone.com.. i'm stumped ATM.. I'm looking into getting a multi-host domain based SSL certificate ( kind of pricy ), so more than just www.drakkarzone.com is "protected"

- I'm pricing out a "demo" level for the 3d game I aborted last year.

Just keeping you up to date!

Have the servers for more VMs! Just haven't installed them yet.

Thanks for supporting us!