Nin Padder Key

Cobrahn Forum
Wuotan

Nin Padder Key

Post by Wuotan »

Hello all,

I have a bunch of questions about the Nin Padder and the subject hasn't been talked about since 2008 it seems. A lot of these questions have been asked before and received unclear/vague answers. Any first hand answers on the subject would be much appreciated. Please leave speculation out of it. :)

1. What does the key look like? (Is it a plain silver looking key)

2. What can be padded with nin scales? Beetle Plate, Vanidor, Cob Leather (any specific one?), Moon Shield (the shield from Spec Lair npc?), Yeti (Can you pad Sas?) are all items I've read/heard can be done. What about padding Nin scales with nin scales?

3. What does each item gain from the padding?

4. Should an item always be double padded for the bonus? Does single pad give a different bonus? What happens if you try to triple pad?

5. Is there a limit to how many times each character can use the Nin Padder? If so, anyone have an idea how many times per toon? What happens if you try to go over the limit? Does the npc say something to let you know?

I will list the few things I do know from what I have read/asked about:

1. Once open, the door to the padder will remain open til the next reset allowing everyone to use the npc. In days past, if anyone slams out of the room it closes the door.

2. If you have padded a piece of gear with a yeti, you cannot pad it with nin scales.

3. The nin scales you are supplying to be used in the padding cannot be altered in any way (ie padded).

Thank you in advance for any light shed on this topic.

Merlin

Re: Nin Padder Key

Post by Merlin »

its a plain silver looking key
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Wuotan

Re: Nin Padder Key

Post by Wuotan »

Thanks Merlin.

From digging thru alot more posts from the past, I came across the following pertaining to the Nin Padder:

The padder was put in the game by RandyO, so the Nin Padder will not be able to pad any gear from areas that were added to Cob after that. This is due to the items not being on his list of pad-able gear. This includes Sas fur, Vanidor plate, Titanium/Kite shield, Undead City gear, CC gear.

Players have only been able to pad once or twice per character. This seems to depend on their level. There are a few instances where players under level 25 or 26 have claimed the padder would not pad for them a second time. Players over that level have been limited to padding twice before the padder will no longer help them.

Padding Beetle FP gives it damage absorption of around 100(?). Beetle FP and Cob Leather are the most common/sought after pads it seems. Since the Cob leather doesnt tie, it was suggested that you use the vendor in the lower guild hall to tie the leather to your account before you pad it (since after padding its stuck in Cob). This prevents someone else from walking off with your leather as well as accidental transmuting by other players if your leather ends up on the floor.